MHS LEADERSHIP TEAM
The Milpitas High School Leadership Team has a new configuration to open the 2022-23 academic year. Felton Owens is our Interim Principal, he will serve in this role while we continue our search for the next MHS Principal. Felton Owens, a Santa Clara University and San Jose State University alumnus with decades of leadership experience in the East Side Union High School District, brings a wealth of knowledge to MHS. He previously served as a Director of Student Services, Director of Special Services, Principal and Associate Principal before retiring from Berkeley Unified School District.
Congratulations to Skyler Draeger, our new MHS Associate Principal. Skyler has worked in education for 28 years with 26 of those in MUSD where Skyler was an MHS teacher leader for 21 years before becoming one of our assistant principals seven years ago. In Spring 2022 Skyler won the Assistant Principal of the Year award representing MUSD at the County level. As an administrator over the last few years Skyler has taken on the responsibility of master scheduling and has been involved in planning programs that meet MUSD Strategic Goal #3, building pathways for learners. Some examples of Skyler's involvement include dual enrollment pathways, ethnic studies, and establishing learning outcomes for students at the future MUSD Innovation Campus.
Principal's Blog: Messages/Presentations
Milpitas High School is the largest high school in Santa Clara County and Silicon Valley with 3,200+ students and 220+ staff members. The benefits of a large high school like MHS is our ability to offer a wide breadth of course offerings, pathways, co-curricular activities and opportunities for student learning and college and career readiness!
- CTE Pathways: Business, Engineering, Hospitality, Biotechnology
- 20+ AP Courses offered, Dual and Concurrent Enrollment with SJCC and local colleges
- Math 1 to AP Calculus BC, Life and Physical Sciences, Computer Science
- World Languages: Spanish, French, Chinese, Korean
- Visual & Performing Arts: Band, Orchestra, Colorguard, Vocal Music, Theatre, Dance and more.
- Ethnic Studies courses
- Naval Junior ROTC program
- Physical Education & Athletics
- Over 90 active student clubs and organizations, and inclusive ASB Leadership.
We are a strong, stable, safe, innovative and successful high school. Of our 750 Graduates in the Class of 2020 -
- 42% matriculated to 4-year colleges/universities
- 44% matriculated to 2-year colleges
- 14% selected work, military service or other
And we are highly rated by our Milpitas community and the following organizations:
Milpitas High School
1285 Escuela Parkway, Milpitas, CA 95035
phone : 408.635.2800 | fax : 408.635.2851